Contents insurance in Germany

Household Contents Insurance covers the costs of replacing the inventory of your household. It offers cover in case of damage occurring through:

  • Fire
  • Mains water
  • Storms
  • Hail
  • Robbery through break-in
  • Theft
  • Vandalism

If you are renting a furnished apartment, many landlords now insist on you having a ‘Hausratversicherung’ before letting to you. In Germany, the average cost of replacing all household goods lies at around €650 per m2. It is advisable to insure at least this value as the insurance companies do not then calculate the percentage of damage compared to your total insured sum, which would lead to a reduction in the amount of your claim. This is known as ‘Unterversicherungsverzicht’ (waiver of under-insurance).

Finding the right contents insurance cover for you

Please answer the questions in the form below so that we can offer you the cover that best suits your needs and at the best price. Once you have returned the questionnaire you will be contacted to talk through the next steps.

{loadposition germanyForm}

If you would prefer to complete the form in writing, please download the PDF and send to the address supplied on the form.

Should any questions arise whilst or before filling out this form, please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help!

Select your country

Please select your country of residence so we can provide you with the most relevant information:

You are currently viewing the Blacktower Financial Management EU website.

You may be looking for the Blacktower United States website.

Blacktower United States > X Stay on this site

Or choose your country.