Cost of living index
Over the age of 65 (% of population)
|Bosnia And Herzegovina||28||43.01||38.56||17.01||10.75||77.64||2.79|
Best country for house prices
The Balkan country of Serbia has the lowest house prices on average across Europe. This beautiful nation has so many things going for it, including its delicious cuisine, and unique culture, which is a fusion of central and South-eastern Europe.
Best country for over 65s
Italy has the largest population of over 65s in Europe, meaning retirees will be surrounded by people of a similar age range. Famous for its gorgeous scenery, charming lakes, and delicious cuisine; retirees who move here definitely won’t be short of things to do.
Best country for life expectancy
Switzerland tops the list, with the highest life expectancy rates across the entirety of Europe. Here, the average person lives for over 83 years. With its peaceful and relaxing mountain landscapes, and wealth of outdoor activities such as skiing; Switzerland is the perfect location to both relax and stay active.
Best country for cost of living
Ukraine has the lowest cost of living across all of Europe. A beautiful country with a rich history, it boasts stunning architecture, picturesque beaches, and a great café culture. Whilst it’s often overlooked as a retirement destination, it’s a great option for those who are looking to get more for their money.
- Crime index data https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp
- Age of population data https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/legal/terms-of-use-for-datasets
- Property price data https://www.numbeo.com/property-investment/rankings_by_country.jsp
- Life expectancy data https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.LE00.IN
- Cost of living data https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/rankings_by_country.jsp
To calculate the index, we first normalised the data categories individually from 0 to 1 and then summed the results.
On this scale, for
- Crime – The country with the highest rate of crime would be weighted closer to 0
- Cost of living – The country with the highest cost is weighted closer to 0
- 60 and over – lower % of population is weight closer to 0
- Property prices – Higher property prices are deemed less desirable so are weighted down
- Life expectancy – Lower life expectancy is less desirable so weighted down
Talk to us today
To understand more about how our The best European countries for retirement Service will benefit you, Contact Us Today
"*" indicates required fields