Prior to becoming a financial adviser, Richard worked for over 20 years for major international investment banks in the city of London, including Merrill Lynch, Royal Bank of Canada and Dresdner Bank.
While in The City, he managed a range of development projects in Europe, the United States and Canada for the banks’ trading desks and support functions, gaining a detailed knowledge of a wide range of financial products.
Areas of Expertise
Richard is based in the Mijas office and has provided financial advice to a range of expatriate private clients in the south of Spain and beyond since 2010.
He specialises in helping clients be aware of and understand the financial planning options open to them, and assisting in the structuring of their wealth in a secure and tax efficient manner.
Richard’s areas of special expertise include:
- Estate (inheritance) planning
- Retirement planning and international pensions (QROPS)
- Regular premium savings
- International portfolio bonds
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) – Introduction to Securities and Investment (international)
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) – International Certificate in Wealth Management
- Chartered institute of Insurers (CII) – Financial Services, regulation and ethics (R01)
- Chartered institute of Insurers (CII) – Investment Principles and Risk (R02)
- Chartered institute of Insurers (CII) – Pensions and Retirement Planning (R04)
- Chartered institute of Insurers (CII) – Financial Protection (R05)
Richard works with Axarquia Animal Rescue, a local charity dedicated to rehoming abused and abandoned animals in the Axarquia region of Spain.
To Whom it may concern,
I was first introduced to Richard Mills and Blacktower Financial Management Group during an information session in Benalmadena; about eighteen months ago. The presentation by Richard and his team was concise, professional with a personal edge that made one feel at once that they had one’s best interest at heart.
I made an appointment for Richard to visit me at home. He is a very well presented, articulate and personable man. With a gentle, understanding attitude he talked through the issues at hand. I had no prior understanding about investment, shares, bonds etc however Richard was able to explain my options in a way I was able to understand. He went through every detail of the process and outcomes with me, left me with paperwork to look through and contact numbers and emails so I could ask any questions that arose from his visit, or the paperwork. I did contact on a number of occasions and received replies promptly. Richard is always ready to make a home visit to clarify any detail.
His knowledge is wide ranging encompassing not only my finances but trends and issues concerning, tax, legislation, insurances and other minefields the new ” ex-pat” may fall into. His advice has been invaluable.
At no time was there a heavy handed sales pitch, neither did I feel pressurised to ” seal the deal” before I was ready.
I have been so impressed with the care, knowledge and understanding that Richard has shown throughout the process that I am trusting him to set up a second policy for me.
I am happy to recommend him to others.
To contact Richard please complete the form below