International Financial Adviser
Paul started his career in financial and wealth management more than 31 years ago with the high profile, worldwide company Prudential. He went on to gain the necessary qualifications to become an independent financial adviser (IFA) specialising in catering for his clients' holistic wealth management needs. Paul has worked with a number of companies, and set up partnerships and companies in financial services and property.
Paul took some time out to study at University, gaining an Honours degree of Bachelor of Arts in Taxation & Law.
After University Paul widened his experience by working with a worldwide top accounting firm, Ernst & Young, as a tax accountant. He then joined a large Anglo American stockbroking company, Edward Jones, where he gained further qualifications and experience.
Having seen his family grow, his children marry and the first grandchild arrive, Paul moved with his wife to the Western Algarve; he hoped to offer his experience to local residents to help guide them through these ever increasingly difficult and complex times.
Areas of Expertise
- General Principles of Law
- Law of Business Organisations
- Business Environment
- Business Taxation
- Personal Taxation
- Property Law
- Corporate Financial Management
- Economics of Taxation
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Indirect Taxation
- International Taxation
- Personal Financial & Estate Planning
- Financial Decision Making
BA (HONS) TAXATION & REVENUE LAW, Bournemouth University, Class 2:1
- Year 1: Introduction to Taxation, General Principles of Law, Law of Business Organisations, Accounting I, Business Environment, Revenue Practice Workshop, Presentations.
- Year 2: Business Taxation, Personal Taxation, Property Law, Corporate Financial Management, Economics of Taxation, Accounting II.
- Year 3: Corporate Tax Planning, Indirect Taxation, International Taxation, Personal Financial & Estate Planning, Financial Decision Making, Project on Post Death Arrangements.
The Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate in Investment & Risk (CF2)
The Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate in long term care (CF8)
The Chartered Insurance Institute Financial Planning Certificate 1994: FP1; FP2; FP3
Securities & Investment Institute Certificate In Investments Level 3
The Institute of Financial Services Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice CIB Level 3.
St. Vincent’s Anglican Church, Algarve
AEZA – Associação Ecologista e Zoófila de Aljezur - a nonprofit association whose main objective is to provide abandoned animals suitable conditions and to give them shelter, food and water, affection and care. They also aim to find good, new homes for their animals.